This position will be responsible to align and execute to Vehere's vision & strategy, while designing and developing Vehere’s technology platforms across Cyber Security, Communication, and Cyber Intelligence domains. This position is both strategic and technical. The Sr. Engineering Manager will be leading a team of Managers, Leads & Architects and Engineers, and is responsible for Vehere's Research and Development (R&D) team. Expected to provide technical and thought leadership to the R&D team, while ensuring successful initiation, planning, execution, control and completion of the product design, development and deployment activities. Guide and enable team members, provide recommendations and solutions, and ensure the delivered solution meets the technical specifications and design requirements.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead, mentor and guide the engineering team across multiple domains, technologies and location
- Actively involved in developing new product, identifying requirements and setting timelines
- Build and manage a team of Managers, Product Architects, Development engineers, SDETs, QA & Automation Engineers, Data Analytics & AI/ML specialists.
- Setting standards, approaches and frameworks.
- Embedding continuous improvement and ensuring products are continually designed, built and deployed.
- Set team objectives and expectations and guide their efforts towards successful deliverables
- Conduct technical reviews (design reviews, code walk-throughs, test reviews, and root cause analysis sessions)
- Define and establish Secure SDLC, and Engineering processes and best practices
- Evaluate technology and make recommendations on technological solutions
- Collaborate cross-functionally with solution architects, pre-sales, business users, project managers, tech support teams and other stakeholders to achieve optimal solutions.
- A subject-matter expert and provide support to the sales team with new product knowledge, training, and customer visits
- Review and evaluate team performance and provide continuous feedback
- Provide leadership to team members through effective coaching and mentoring
Skills and Experience:
- Masters or Bachelors in Computer Science/ Engineering from a top tier institution
- 18+ years of experience in design and development of technology including 4+ years of experience in a similar senior role
- Experience in network security and/or endpoint security is a big plus
- Strong technical foundation in an advanced structured programming environment
- Strong experience as both developer and manager in networking and/or network security domain. Endpoint security is a plus.
- Strong understanding of modern and emerging technologies and development methodologies
- Excellent strategic skills; both setting and driving strategy.
- Ability to innovate and think out-of-the-box
- Excellent influencing skills, both managing teams and influencing stakeholders
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability and willingness to acquire in-depth understanding of domain and existing products and apply that knowledge to work scenarios