Responsible for testing products and systems to ensure they function properly and meet business needs. Works closely with developers to design, develop, execute and maintain test frameworks, tools and test cases that can validate overall quality & scalability of the products and ensure a high-quality release to customers.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Work with the development team to set up test environments
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases/scenarios/usage cases
- Design, develop and execute test scripts
- Identify, record and document thoroughly and track defects
- Define severity and priority for each defect
- Perform thorough regression testing when defects are resolved
- Create test logs and prepare all reports related to testing
- Provide feedback on usability and serviceability and report it to concerned people
- Ensure that all tested related work is carried out as per the defined standards and procedures
- Collaborate cross-functionally with developers, data scientists, architects, business users, project managers, tech support teams and other stakeholders to ensure high quality releases
Skills and Experience:
- BE/BTech in Computers, Electronics or related field
- Must have 4-5 years of experience in networking (CCNA, TCP-IP knowledge, Protocols like HTTP, TLS, IMAP, POP, SMTP, etc.) and automation
- Good experience in UNIX or Linux testing, Shell Scripting and NoSQL or similar databases
- Understanding of Algorithms/Statistics. Category: Good to have.
- Knowledge of Attacks- MITRE/OWASP. Category: Good to have.
- Some knowledge of coding. Category: Good to have.
- Knowledge of networking and security concepts is more of requirement than ‘a plus’.
- Hands on experience with different types of testing and a strong understanding of/experience with testing tools, methodologies, techniques and approaches
- Experience in designing and executing manual test plans and test scripts for complex systems
- Experience in creating automation frameworks and follow through to create and execute automated test scripts
- Understanding of how to read code and how code is packaged for deployment
- Understanding of source code repositories (preferably ‘GitHub’)
- Experience with operating systems and databases
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle and software testing life cycle
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Decision making ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and handle concurrent tasks with appropriate priority
- Ability to work under pressure, meet objectives and adhere to deadlines with minimal supervision
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong desire to deliver an excellent customer experience
- Ability and willingness to acquire in-depth understanding of domain and existing products and apply that knowledge to develop new products and to deliver enhancements
- Hands-on experience on Linux Operating System concepts and commands would be an added advantage.