We are looking for an innovative Solution Architect ( SA) to develop and implement systems architecture that will meet business needs. The responsibilities include gathering requirements and functional specifications, assessing the current software systems in place in order to identify areas in need of improvement, and providing inputs to the Engineering and development teams. You should be able to integrate any updated specifications and requirements into the systems architecture.
The role is critical and the SA has to deliver best-in class consulting and implementation services to Vehere customers. This job position requires deep technical expertise in security products and solutions, excellent written and verbal and communication skills. The work is mainly project driven, and requires fair amount of travel, and activities to be conducted inside and outside standard business hours.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it
- Work closely with customers and Vehere program managers to ensure a successful project delivery
- Designing, modifying, and testing technical architecture
- Provide supervision and guidance to development teams
- Continually research the current and emerging technologies and propose changes where needed
- Inform various stakeholders about any issues with the current technical solutions being implemented
- Assess the business impact that certain technical choices have and provide updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs and budgets
- Be part of the project delivery team for migration projects where third-party vendor products are being replaced by Vehere’s offering or, Vehere’s technology is up for refresh.
- Engage with Sales and Pre-sales team at an early stage to understand Solution Requirements and be on top of technical feasibility of projects.
- Author and maintain standard deliverables such as HLD, LLD, Solution Design, Test Plans including methods and, procedures.
- Maintain expert-level knowledge of all Vehere’s products including best practices.
- Build competition and integration-partner product/technology knowledge to support deployments in multi-vendor environments.
- Work closely with colleagues in Engineering and Sales to follow-up on customer’s technical request (issues, enhancements or, feature-requests) or upgrade needs.
Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of relevant experience of installation of network and security equipments.
- 5+ years in a customer-facing role.
- Professional Services consultant, technical support, or sales engineering position background.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment.
- Strong commitment and self-driven individual.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to cooperate with a variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Knowledge and experience in security vendor network-security products and solutions.
- Proven experience in engineering and software architecture design.
- Previous project management experience is advantageous.
- In-depth understanding of coding languages.
- Sound knowledge of various operating systems and databases.
- Efficient communication skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent understanding of general security and networking principals and technologies such as:
- Security Infrastructure
- Firewalls/VPN, IDS/IPS, Network & Behavior Anomaly Detection, SSL/TLS Interception, Network Forensics and, Network Admission Control.
- Networking and management: switching, routing, load balancing, network management, OSS.
- Administrator level working knowledge of Windows and, Linux.
- Competence in writing technical material: design documentation, operations guidelines, workshop material.
Ability to travel domestically and international as needed, within short notice.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or relevant work-related experience.